BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Friday, November 11, 2005

Ghosts of the Roof

So I got to thinking about the good old days of BU basketball, when we brought it to the NCAA tournament. Way back, well, way back before I was even in college. Rashad and Chaz were getting tons of playing time as freshman. Ryan Butt, Fitz, and J-Groch were there. Matt Turner may have still been hurt, but he was about to hit his prime. Billy Collins and Paul Seymour were also there, as Juniors I believe. These guys made up a special group in the few years they played together.

But what about the seniors that year? I can only remember two, really. Nacho Rodriguez and Stijn Dhont (I don't think I spelled that right). Where are these guys now, I wonder. If anyone can remember the rest of the seniors, or have any idea what these guys are up to, feel free to comment.

I can't help but feel sad, remembering these days, because BU basketball hit a peak, and we've slowly gone down hill. This is probably due in part to several kids quiting or transfering. Of the 4 or 5 (can't remember) kids drafted my freshman year, only Wynn and KG remain. The following years group, Pat Martin, Etienne, Kevin Burton, is completely gone.

We've had stellar years, no doubt about it, but since the crushing loss to Vermont in the Champioship three years ago, we've not been able to make it past the first round of the playoffs. I have a feeling, though, that with the crop of sophmores and freshmen we have now, BU basketball is soon to peak again, and it all starts only 3 days from now.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Fantastic post High Roller - I think this year's team has a lot of similarities to our tournament team 4 years ago. Hopes weren't too high that year, due to a perceived lack of experience - but Rashad and Chaz stepped up as freshmen. I think there are 2 or 3 new guys coming in this year who can step right into those Chaz/Rashad roles. BUhoopsFANatic is completely right, Wolffie has got a real solid group of frosh and sophs that will be a solid core to the team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home