BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Better re-stock ESPN's mini-bar

Just a quick note in relation to my latest post, from about 30 minutes ago. This bad news is actually what I meant to write about before, but it slipped my mind. Now this hasn't been confirmed, but my inside source said that the BU-Duke game on ESPN2 will be broadcasted by Vermont's former coach, Coach Beernan. I mean Coach Brennan. That's his name, Coach Brennan.

I'm sure that he knows quite a lot about BU's team, as well as Duke's team, but one question still leaves me uncertain as to whether or not he'll be a good broadcaster. Does he actually know anything about the game of basketball? I only ask this because last year, whenever Vermont had a time-out, the players huddled around the assistant coach and listened to his game strategy, while Brennan, watching from outside the huddle, stood on his tippie-toes like a child trying to see what the adults were talking about.

4 Days.

2 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger the High Roller said...

well I hope you're right, and that I'm wrong. My source isn't really that reliable, and I don't know why i listened to him in the first place. If Beernan does in fact broadcast with him, they'll just be talking about his retirement and future plans and all that shite, not even talking about the actual game.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Maybe Bilas on play-by-play, and then Brennan as the color analyst? Makes sense, I don't see Brennan as a play-by-play type guy.

And yeah, I agree, it's pretty lame if it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home