BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Another Foolish Duke Guarantee

I'm with the High Roller on this one. I know Duke is #1, and I know there are even commenters on this very blog who would like to skip right ahead to November 15th and pretend the Duke game was never scheduled. But this is why I love college basketball - it's the only sport (besides maybe tennis) where #1 can play #213, and #213 has a chance of winning. And call me crazy, but I think the best field goal defense in the nation last year can keep BU in the game for at least a few minutes.

So I'm not here to promise to kiss the High Roller's boss Tony's ass (an unenviable feat), but here's my ill-conceived guarantee: Boston University will hold Duke to less points than Boston College will on February 2nd OR the margin of victory will be less for BU than for BC. And if I am wrong on both counts... well, I don't know. I'll throw myself into the COM fountain or something. Point is, let's keep this game competitive and turn some heads. Maybe we can peel away some of Duke's first-place votes in that AP poll.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think jumping in the COM fountain is a decent proposition. But I offer this caveat: jumping into the COM fountain during the COM Barbecue. *Maybe* even jum,ping straight from the bouncy pit/infalatable mountain into the COM fountain. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home