BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What the hell?

Well it looks like that bastard Tall-boy has already posted today, and his topic is basically what I was going to write about. I'm going to switch it up a little and give my predictions of personal performances. Without further ado:

MVP Offense- This is a tough one to start with, just because all our leading scorers are gone. Someone is going to have to step up though, and I have a feeling it's going to be Corey Hassan. Yes, indeed, it is possible for a rookie to win MVP. I just can't see anyone working the inside well enough to put up Rashad Bell type numbers. As for the rest of the guards, we saw a little shooting from Wolff and Geffen last year, but to be honest, it really could be anyone this year.

MVP Defense- Gotta stick with Shawn Wynn here. He's proven his defensive worth over and over again, but in a close second, in my opinion, is Tony Gaffney. Watch this kid, he's like a pterydactile with hands. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway, when the press is on, he's going to be in there.

Rookie of the Year- I think this one belongs to Corey Hassan as well, but it's tough to make and educated guess concerning this one, because we don't know who's going to get playing time and who won't. It's definitely going to be interesting to see who the big players will be from the freshman class, because it is around them and this years sophmore class that the future of BU's basketball program is being built.

Sportsmanship Award- The High Roller.


12 days.

2 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Here's my picks:

Offense - Kevin Gardner
Defense - Shaun Wynn
Rookie - Brian Macon (he counts, right?)
Sportsmanship - Tall-boy

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger the High Roller said...

You get sportsmanship? Forget that. I'm the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home