BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Monday, January 30, 2006

Game notes from Sunday

Instead of a long, boring post of things that have been already said about the Maine game, here's a bunch of things that I saw, and felt needed to be stated, even if they already were.

-5 steals for Tony Gaffney ??? Thats insane, and that's only part of the great game he had. I wish I had 4 foot arms.
-The most effort I've ever seen at BU game was given by Wynn on that save when he dove out of bounds. What was even better was when he got back up and hustled all the way back to the other end for defense. He's a hustler, baby.
-Our big guys did a great job defending their big guys in the first half. KG and Coblyn especially did a good job of bodying up.
-Our free throw shooting performance made me want to vomit the 4 dollar pretzel that I didn't even enjoy.
-Geffen and Wynn are really competing for my favorite player this year. Gaffney has a chance as well.
-Hassan proved to us once again that he deserves the last shot, though he probably didn't expect to make that one.
-This game seemed like the opposite of all our other games. Our first half was simply stellar, and our second half was simply God-awful.
-Gaffney's reverse was pretty damn awesome. You better believe I yelled out "showtime!" as he neared the basket.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Hahahaha, "Showtime!!", I was thinking the same thing, just like at UMass last year!

Although I was also thinking "don't screw this up, Tony!"

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger the High Roller said...

I figure it doesn't matter who played the best game of anyone on the team if the team lost. It's a team sport, not an individual sport. When an outstanding player is on a last place team, it doesn't matter if he's first place in the stats section. What matters is if he makes the players around him better. That's my take.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

I would tend to agree with ginzo there - Gaffney should have gotten more PT in the seond half

 

Post a Comment

<< Home