BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Crimson isn't a team name it's a color, stupid

Well that really made my day. BU topped a semi-impressive Harvard team 72-63. I'll start out with my recap, and in another post, go through my checklist. But Wow, what a game! I feel like such a shithead for predicting 64-60 in favor of Harvard. I missed the first 10 minutes of play because my 3 hour class ran 10 minutes long. How the hell does that happen? Anyway, I was very please to show up and see that we were up by 6.

By far the best first half this year. Hassan was lighting it up from the start of the game, and so was Wynn! I think Wynn's finally learned to clear his head when he shoots, he's really turning into a shooter.

We started the second half on fire. KG was quiet the entire first half, then really took over. And I mean he took over. Big O was playing pretty well too. With four players in double digit scoring, our offense is really starting to pull together. This is a BU team that I'm starting to recognize. Though several of the players are fairly new to me, they're playing like the kind of team that I remember.

FAVORITE MOMENTS:

-Wynn grabbing the broom from the broom girl to clean up KG and BIG O'S sweat.
-Wynn's amazing block/pin. I can't really remember if he blocked it or pinned it against the backboard, but he was like 4 feet off the air.
-Ibe's reverse dunk at the buzzer. Really brought the house down and capped an amazing game, but I think he pissed off coach by rubbing the win in Harvard's face.

Player of the Game: Corey Hassan.

Career high 17 points. I love that this kid's a freshman and he's one of our top scorers. This means a lot of points for the next 4 years.

Honorable mention: my man BIG O (omari peterkin, for those of you who aren't hip to my lingo). I believe he had his career high as well with 12 or so.

Next up: UNH (should be pushovers)

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

While I appreciate the Big Lebowski reference, UNH might not be "pushovers" - they do have more wins than us, and are coming together lately. That said, I think we'll win handily.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Player of the game was wynn in my opinion... made the play of the game stealing the long rebound away from two harvard players in the corner and firing a pass to konate for the dunk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home