BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Terriers lose, 75-62

First of all, I'll like to say that if I ever doubted Shaun Wynn as a shooter, I'm sorry. For the first time that I can remember, Wynn led our offense with 6 threes, amounting 18 points, a high for any terrier this season. I don't know what he changed, but I hope he sticks with it.

That said, while it was disappointing to lose, I was still very impressed with the teams play. They jumped out to a good start, and lead 12-6 at one point, but their offense kind of skidded to a stop. Down 13 points at the half, we came back to within one, as GW led 55-54. After that, GW's offense went on yet another tear.

This was the best game I've seen them play since Duke. Our offense was better than I'd ever seen this year, with three players in double digit. If we played this well against Rider, Michigan, and URI, we probably would have won those games. The problem last night seemed like GW sank three-pointer after three-pointer. Almost every shot fell! Aside from that, our defense seemed pretty good. Againt, it was turnovers that killed us, with 19. We're atop the America East with 91 turnovers, and that's got to change.

Overall, it was still a fun game to watch. We terriers, up in the second to last row in the upper deck, made a hell of a lot of noise and even pissed off a few people. Though I still can't get over GW's mascot, and I still can't stop wondering what they were thinking when they created it, what with his inability to separate his wrists from his sides. It's just that when he tried to dance to the pep band's music, he looked like giant (who's arms never developed) flailing in horrible pain.

See you back in Boston, Terriers.

4 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night was a good break from law finals, and it was good to meet up with some BU Alumni and cheer on the Terriers. Wynn in the second half was ridiculous and the main reason why we didn't get completely destroyed. I have to say with all the 3s GW made in the first half, they weren't that impressive for a 22 ranked team; then again maybe we've become much better over the years. Finally, in addition to the stupidmascot, I thought the student section had the worst t-shirts I have seen in college hoops: light brown? They have blue and gold to work with, why go brown? At least we pissed a few off...

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Rage, you are SO right about the diarrhea brown student section t-shits (oops, i mean t-SHIRTs!) - they looked like the High Roller's stool from the last few days!

ginzo - I am convinced that Ibe can ONLY dunk! He did throw some down hard, and that got our modest cheering section pumped up. He had like 4 solid dunks, and just about nothing else. Actually, my jaw dropped when he made a simple lay-up. He was the beneficiary of some sweet looks by Geffen and Wynn.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All i know is that the mascot was reminscent of a bobble head... i hate bobble heads. This thing was a hazard to the well being of many of the spectators. When that big head got going, it was no telling where the nose would end up. I did catch him bobbing his big nose down some co-ed's shirt.... was that planned? I hope so, dammit!

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home