BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Monday, January 23, 2006

Nearly Legendary

What does it take to become a legend?

I'd say it requires either an amazing career, or an amazing play to win a huge game, kind of like Hassan's shot to win the Vermont game. Although I wouldn't say that that game was important enough to make Hassan a legend.

let's compare that shot to basically the same shot that David Heinous made 3 years ago to beat us at the roof for the America East title. Though I can taste the vomit in my mouth when I type this, but that shot probably made him a legend in Vermont. First of all, it won the championship, but it was also Vermont's first ever trip to the Big Dance.

Most people won't say that Sunday's game was important, but I think it was for our team. I think it was a turnaround point, and that excitement and momentum will carry us for a while.

Hassan didn't quite reach the status of Stijn Dohnt (if anyone can remember that inbound pass and three pointer with 0.8 seconds left on the clock), but he's got a very long career here at BU (hopefully) to show us what he's got.

3 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Hahahaha, Heinous - god that kid irritated me more than anybody. I'm sure Vermonters loved him.

And YES i remember Stijn's shot - not many BU students witnessed that one, but I am lucky enough to say I rushed the court (with 3 other guys).

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hassan's shot is no where near as important as stijns shot!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Course it's not, don't think that one will ever be topped!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home