BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Place To Meet?

Tall-boy has strongnly warned me against drunk posting, but this is actually relevant. I just had what some would call a "drunkerview" with one of the teams captains. Not more than ten minutes ago, I ran into Shawn Wynn at T's Pub, which has great prices from beer to nachos (no, I am not being paid by T's Pub), and I squeezed in a couple questions about the team.

I told him it was a tough loss, that night, and he said, "what are you gonna do", or something along those lines. But I also told him that the freshman class looked sharp and he totally agreed with me. I also told him that once we hit conference play, we'd hit our stride, and he totally agreed once again. But when I told him I'd see him once again at GW, his face lit up. Maybe it was the first time he'd heard that someone will be following the team to an away game more than 400 miles away, but maybe he was just excited to hear that the team had any support at all.

Yes, I will be following the team to D.C. And yes, I may be expecting too much of the team. But if it's too much to expect our team to give a top 25 team a run for their money, well then, maybe I'm in a league of my own. If that is indeed the case, then I'm not ashamed in the least. Give 'em hell boys, and I'll see you down in D.C. Two days till my flight.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

For a drunk posting, High Roller, not bad at all. At least you kept the spelling and punctuation mistakes to a minimum.

And I'm glad you got up the balls to get another drunkerview - keep em comin!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger the High Roller said...

Well one of the requirements of getting a drunkerview is that I have to be drunk. That helps when approaching campus "celebrities", if you can call them that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home