BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Leftover Cable Car Stats

An interesting note from Thursday's box score: second half field goal percentage, BU 70.4%, UCR 70.8%. Those are insane numbers. Not only is this nowhere near where we would normally shoot from the field, but it is way above what we should normally give up on the defensive end. With those numbers, it's no wonder we had our largest point total of the season. It reflects that we were able to keep up with the fast pace of play that UCR dictated throughout the game, but we should be able to hold the opponent to less than 50% shooting no matter what.

Another statistical highlight: Brian Macon 8 assists and 1 turnover, Shaun Wynn 7 assists and 1 turnover. That is fantastic play from our two primary ballhandlers. Brian Macon played particularly well... he was a real catalyst on offense, sparking the team each time he entered the game.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just returned from the West Coast where I was able to see both Terrier games in the Cable Car Classic. I am very proud of the way the guys played and I feel very confident about the team's future as they enter into the AE schedule. The Terriers are a young team and at times will make you crazy but I love the way they play. Hassan did what I thought he couldn't do - he hit a few shots that were not 3's. KG was a monster against UCR. Macon is growing into a good point guard and Shaun is steady as a rock. The power forward position has been by committee and I hope that the coaching staff can figure it out soon. A healthy Big Ben will help.

I was especially proud of the small but LOUD group of BU fans at the games. The Bucknell fans had us outnumbered 100 to 1 but we were louder and prouder.

Number One Fan

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Damn, you really are the number one fan!! And thats not a phrase I would throw around lightly!

I'm glad you were seeing in person the same impressions I got from the radio broadcast re: KG, Macon, Hassan, and Wynn. I'm starting to share your optimism going into league play.

And lastly thanks for representin the 617 out on the left coast. The guys have told me it's a huge boost for them when they can hear us on the road (and as far away as Cali I'm sure it was a nice surprise). Having led a group of BU fans at an away game (GW), I know what it's like to be outnumbered but being able to make yourselves heard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home