BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Hard Part's Over

Well, I wish I could say that the worse part about the Michigan game was that I saw five different people wearing BU hockey jerseys, but it wasn't. The worse part was of course the loss. It was a close game, and I'm proud of the players for that, but it was just so frustrating to watch. Every time we came within one two or three points, Michigan would go on another small run, widening the gap to about six or seven. I don't remember how many times this happened, but it was numerous. I was however impressed that so many people showed up for a game on the night of the last day of classes. I expected most people to have fled town before then.

We already know that Michigan and Duke are clearly the two toughest teams we will play all season. At least until the post-season (knock on wood). These games don't really mean that much anyway. We're not going to get an at-large bid anyway, considering by the time conference play comes around, nearly every team in the America East will have an RPI of over 150. So the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to use this seasons worth of games to work out the kinks and fine-tune our play so that when tournament time comes around, we don't have a repeat of the last two years.

Right now, let's focus on this Saturday's game. We're playing Rider, a should-win game. The game will be broadcast on WTBU, so if none of you want to make the trek to New Jersey, and I don't really blame you, you can still follow the game. And please, for God's sake, if you are going to listen in, don't be sitting at your desk wearing a BU hockey jersey. I know it's your own private quarters, but come on, have some decency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home