BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Making a STATEMENT

WOW. There is domination, and then there is BU vs. Hartford.

Statement #1: JOHN HOLLAND
I dare anyone who watched, listened to, or even read about this game to deny John Holland the Rookie of the Year Award. If there was even a debate between Holland and Morgan Sabia, who put up a limp 5 points, it's now over.

38 points, 11 rebounds - those are Marqus Blakely numbers.

Most points scored by any America East player this year.

Statement #2: BOSTON UNIVERSITY
When was the last time BU put up 97 points? Fourteen years ago, that's when. Everybody contributed, four guys in double figs,

This team was in 8th place a few weeks ago - now it'll play for sole possession of second place on Sunday. Screw UMBC, this is the hottest team coming into the tournament. They are peaking at the exact right time.

Look out, America East. It's going to take a lot to stop this train.

5 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger BF said...

John Holland is un-fucking-believable.

I got you a shirt tall boy.

Everytime I watch a BU game live I keep saying at the end, this is the best BU basketball game I've ever been to. Unreal. So good. I'm so happy right now.

I'm not even thinking about not seeing basketball at The Roof for like 6 months.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

You are the MAN - we can exchange tshirts next weekend. Thanks, dude

I wish I was there so bad.

Tell us how unbelievable the Holland spin move at the end was. The radio guys went insane and declared it the highlight of all John Holland highlights.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Screw UMBC, this is the hottest team coming into the tournament. They are peaking at the exact right time."

No love or linkage for me saying this sort of in other postings on my blog? What gives fellas?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

Sorry dude, no slight intended. If you wrote that recently, I'm sorry I didn't see it.

But if you're talking about mentioning that BU is the hottest team in the conference right now... well, you don't have to read any blogs to see that!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger BF said...

The spin move was Nasty. Holland made whoever it was look so foolish. Plus the and 1. He made it look so easy.

His monster play was with like 3 minutes left in the second half with a rebound put back dunk. Unreal. He skyed so high above everyone else.

And then of course the LoweHolland08 alley-oop in the opening minutes. I saw it coming the whole way and it was executed perfectly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home