BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Friday, December 29, 2006

Checking in from the Big Apple (literally)

I'm at the brand new 24-hour, underground Apple Store on 5th Avenue so I have to make this real quick.

Anyone who reads this blog with any regularity was probably at last night's game at Madison Square Garden, so I don't have to tell you about last night's game. The 1-point, overtime loss to St. John's threw me into a tizzy of emotions: Hopefulness, Excitement, Anger, Sadness, and finally, Drunkenness. My buddy Mark and I met up with friends old and new at the alumni reception beforehand in MSG's South Terrace. We had amazing seats (first time to MSG, I had to make it worth my while) and were surrounded by Red Storm fans.

The game was tons of fun, and we enjoyed bantering back and forth with the other folks around us and waving our little red foam "Go Terriers" sticks. The only thing missing was getting that W. Still, we took a Big East team to OT (which elicited a round of "Holy Shit!!!" text messages to various friends) and Omari had a good look at the buzzer that would have won it.

After the game, the Terrier fans scoured the bars around MSG in search of a dartboard, but we were unsuccessful. Our group of alums, current students and bad-ass administrators eventually wound up at the Blarney Rock. The other patrons were wondering how their fave bar could turn into a "Bahston Bah" so quick.

Our next game against St. Joseph's is in 2 and a half hours. The High Roller is on a bus headed toward NYC as we speak, I can only hope he makes it in time. I'll be back in a day or two with a better recap and pics from the weekend.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bigapple did not treat us well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home