BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Friday, March 03, 2006

The somewhat big dance

Can you smell that? I'm not sure what it is. It might be the smell of March Madness, but more likely it's the smell of the grotesque man across the aisle from Tall-boy and I as we ride the bus from Boston to Albany, only to have to drive another 2 hours to Binghamton. The things that we go through to enjoy basketball...

To say that I'm excited about this year's tournament is a hell of an understatement. First of all, yes, there will be the required camelback full of Southern Comfort, and there will be the continuous binge-drinking, hangovers to deal with, fast food for every meal, a loss of voice after cheering for 7 games, and most likely we will be sleeping in Tall-boy's car both nights.

All that stuff is a given.

What I'm truly excited about is the basketball. This tournament is going to be unlike any tournament in the past 3 years. It's literally anyone's tournament. In my past experiences, it's usually been BU, Vermont, and Northeastern. Now it's everyone.

There's no doubt that we'll see some amazing basketball this weekend. Hopefully you'll be able to make it. If not, I feel sorry for you.

And I know that on the ride back to Albany on Sunday, when Tall-boy and I are extremely hungover, sick of fast food, sleep deprived, with no voice left, and smelling like shit from not showering all weekend, I'll say that the trip was worth it whether the Terriers win or lose.

But hopefully we won't smell as bad as this guy across the aisle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home