BU Hoops Blog

:: Can You Believe We've Been Doing This Shit for Six Years Now? ::

Saturday, December 12, 2009

I wonder if Snooki will be there!!: The Marist Preview

BU was able to take care of bidness against Bucknell last weekend, which I'm quite grateful for. But I have a bone to pick with the BU Athletic Dept.

I was unable to watch the game live, so I waited until late Sunday night to watch the video archive of the game. I even avoided the outcome of the game all day. Problem was, every time I tried to play the game, I got "The media you have selected is currently unavailable." This was maddening, since the whole reason I knew it was OK to miss the game was because they put up archives of all the home game broadcasts.

I tried again at work the next day. "The media you have selected is currently unavailable."

I tried AGAIN at work on Tuesday, still avoiding knowing if BU won or lost: "The media you have selected is currently unavailable."

WTF, I'm paying for this service, am I not? I am a subscriber to BU All-Access. I have an All-Access Pass, dammit! This is like going to an Alice Cooper concert with a backstage pass, only to be denied before Alice ever has a chance to explain what Milli-wauke means.

Even now, the archive is still "currently unavailable," so I had to rely on written accounts and the box score. Sounds like JOB had a great game, Corey played pretty well coming off the bench, Holland had an off-night, and Carlos and BJ had some clutch points down the stretch.

After a week off, we play again today, and then have another long layoff for finals before the next game. These breaks come at a good time. Our short bench means guys are tired, and maybe this will allow some players like Valdas and Corey to get healthy.

The Terriers travel to Poughkeepsie, NY, to visit the Marist Red Foxes. Some of you may also know that Poughkeepsie is also home to "Snooki" a.k.a. "Snickers" from newest awful/great show on MTV, Jersey Shore. This is one of those car wreck TV shows where you know you should look away but you just can't. Snooki is an annoying, loud, overtanned shrimp of a girl who gets obnoxiously drunk the first night, and while doesn't deserve what she gets later in the season, this may be one of the most gratifying images ever:


OK, back to basketball. Today's game is against Marist, another team which we cannot lose to. Marist is currently 0-6, including a 14-point loss to UNH and a 37-point loss to Hartford. I repeat, we cannot lose this game to Marist.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the "Wayne's World" reference

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger M.B.G. said...

saw corey walking around with a boot on his foot today- anyone know what that's about?

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Honey and Vinegar Sports Blog said...

Heard a rumor from someone today that B.J. Bailey may be transferring at the end of the year, something that I laughed at initially, but the more I thought about it, the more it kind of made sense: BJ was a Wolff recruit and with a stacked recruiting class coming in (one hand-picked by Chambers), playing time would be harder to come by.

Really hope that news isn't true because I like what I've seen from Bailey thus far. Anyone heard anything like this, hoping it's just crazy heresay.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

I hadn't heard that about BJ, but like you I wouldn't be surprised.

You hit the nail on the head about him being recruited over - especially the transfers. Those guys are going to move to the top of the heap once they become eligible.

It sucks because I love BJ's game and I hope he stays (he seems like a great, great kid), but he'd probably be acting in his own best interests.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Tall-boy said...

That all said, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions based on rumors - the last 3 years of living with Corey Lowe should teach us that!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's up in the air with BJ. He is a great kid but a little immature. He misses home a lot I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer somewhere closer to home. That said, it would suck to see him leave. He is a great talent.

Corey's foot is really messed up, he will probably be limited in practice the rest of the year

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://bariossetos.net/][img]http://bariossetos.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]how to install kaspersky, [url=http://vonmertoes.net/]Adobe Creative Suite[/url]
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][/url] adobe film editing software macromedia flashtm software
register adobe software [url=http://hopresovees.net/]buy software on line[/url] free and agricultural and autocad
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]coreldraw 11 manual for mac user[/url] vista home premium oem software
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]pc software to buy[/url] windows vista animated desktop background
buy microsoft word software [url=http://hopresovees.net/]Adobe Photoshop CS3[/b]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home